Advisory Committees and Working Groups
SUMMARY OF ADVISORY COMMITTEES & WORKING GROUPS THAT THE 4LIFE PROMOTIONS FOUNDING MEMBER SERVED ON
- Member: Mammal Taxon Advisory Group affiliated from the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), 1994.
- Member: South African Delegation to the 2nd Conference of Parties of the Convention on Biodiversity in Argentina, South America in 1996, responsible for scientific advice.
- Member: Provincial Water Liaison Committee, 1997 – 2000.
- Founder Member: National Aquatics Conservation Committee, 1996 – 1998.
- Member: National Aquatics Biomonitoring Program and Provincial Coordinator, 1998-2005.
- Member: Phalaborwa Spatial Development Initiative (SDI) Technical Task Team, 1998 – 2000.
- Member: National Steering Committee for the Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES) Implementation Plan, 1999 – 2002.
- Member: Provincial Committee for the Evaluation of In-stream Flow Reduction Activities, and In-stream Flow Requirements, 1998 – 2000.
- Scientific Adviser: National Research Foundation on aquatic and water related research, 1998 – 2005.
- Member: Steering Committee of the National Environmental Management Framework Programme, 1998 – 2002.
- Member: Steering Committee for the Kruger National Park Rivers Research Programme 1998 – 2000.
- Member: Inter Departmental Committee for Commercialization on Protected Areas, 1999 – 2001.
- Member: Forum for Development of a Goal Orientated Management Plan, Kruger National Park, 1999 –2000.
- Member: Environmental Advisory Committee for South African National Defence Force, 2000 – 2003.
- Member: International Scientific Authority appointed under Switzerland to make scientific non-detriment findings for trade in endangered wildlife by South Africa as part of the implementation of the CITES Convention 2000 – 2005.
- Member: Several Governmental Working Groups and Steering Committees of which several deals with sustainable development such as the Provincial Spatial Development Framework, SADC Development Framework, etc.
- Provincial responsibility for: National Rhino Management Group (RMG), Elephant Management and Owners Association (EMOA), Rhino Owners Association (AROA), Wild Dog Action Group (WAG) and the Roan Action Group (RAG), the Olifants River Forum (ORF), the technical task teams for the determination of In stream Flow Requirements (IFR’s) of various rivers, the Provincial coordination of the National Bio-monitoring and Wetlands Programmes, etc.
- Member: Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee to the National Biodiversity Working Group, 2000 – 2005.
- Member: Steering Committee for Hans Hoheizen Centre of Excellence in Biodiversity Research and Information with the Peace Parks Foundation 2000 – 2005.
- Provincial Representative: National Biodiversity Working Group, 2001 – 2005.
- Member: Inter-Provincial Governmental Environmental Management Forum, 2002-2004.
- Member: National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan Steering Committee, 2003 – 2006 and was also responsible for the development of the Provincial Biodiversity Conservation Action Plan in 2005.
- Member: Provincial Steering Committee on “The State of Environment Reporting” 2003 and 2004.
- Member: WITS University Makapans Valley Research Steering Committee, 2002 -2004.
- Member: Makapans Valley World Heritage Site Steering Committee Member, 2003 – 2007.
- Member: South African Delegation to Conference of Parties (Convention on Migratory Species, Kenya, 2005.
- Member and Provincial Representative: National Tourism BEE Charter and Scorecard Forum, 2006-2007.
- Member: Agribusiness Academy Program and Steering Committee, 2006 – 2007.
- Member: Tjate Heritage Site Steering Committee, 2007-2009.
- Provincial Representative: Working groups for development of national legislation, including amongst others: National Environmental Management Act (Biodiversity, Environment and Protected Areas), National Water Act, Forestry Act, Fire Management Act, as well as associated regulations e.g. EIA regulations, Community Forestry, National Forestry Action Plan, Policy on Community Based Natural Resource Management, etc.
Filed under: 4Life Promotions
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!